I have a new one for you today! This game is one I teach the kids how to play during the first weeks of school. This card game helps to reinforce addition and subtractions skills.
One deck of cards
Recording Sheet- one per player
You can download this recording sheet for free. Laminate for repeated use.
Number of Players
Two to Four
Have the highest total after 20 rounds.
How to Play
1. Shuffle a deck of cards, place in pile, face down. Use only numbers 2-10. You can use the face cards, just assign a number value to them. For example... Jack is 11 Queen is 12 King is 13 and Ace is 14 or 1.
2. Each student needs his or her own recording sheet.
3. Each player automatically starts with 15 pts. Players take turns drawing one card at a time. They add or subtract depending on what card they draw.
4. Black cards are the GAIN meaning ADD
Red cards are the LOSS meaning SUBTRACT
5. Students continue taking turns drawing one card at a time, recording their card, and adding or subtracting. If the pile of cards runs out, shuffle and put back into stack.
6. At the end of 20 rounds, the person with the highest total wins!