This game is great for primary and even some intermediate. It helps to reinforce sums of 10. This game is similar to memory or match. Students make pairs by adding the two numbers together to get a sum of 10.
Turn Over Ten
Materials: one deck of cards - aces to ten
take out the jack, queen and king
Objective: To make pairs that equal 10
The ace will stand for a zero in this game.
1. Shuffle the cards.
2. Lay out cards, four rows, five in each row, face down.
3. Place the other cards in a draw pile, face down off to the side.
4. Students take turns flipping over two cards. Student can make a match if the two cards make ten when added together.
This one was a 7 and a 3. MATCH!
For example: 2 and 8, 3 and 7, 6 and 4, you get the idea...
5. If a match has been made, the student gets to keep those cards.
6. Replace the cards with the cards from the draw pile.
7. Keep on playing until all matches have been made.